Cookies help us to understand user behavior within our site, which means we can make the website experience better for you. Cookies can only store text, which is always anonymous and usually encrypted. CHC Navigation will never store any personal information in a cookie.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files generated by websites that you visit holding session data that may be of use later in the site. The data allows the site to maintain your information between pages, and also to analyze the way you interact with the site. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the site to recognize you and make your next visit to that site easier and more useful to you.
Cookies are secure – they can only store information that is put there by the browser, which is information the user has entered into the browser or that is included in the page request. Cookies cannot run code and they cannot be used to access your computer. If a website encrypts the information in the cookie, only that website can read the information.
There are two different types of cookies: Session and Persistent. They are used for different things and contain different information.
- Session cookies contain information that is used within your current browser session. These cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies are used to hold information that is used between visits. This data allows sites to recognize that you are a returning customer and react accordingly. Persistent cookies have a lifetime value that is set by the website, which can vary between a few minutes or several years.
What cookies does the CHC Navigation site create and what are they used for?
CHC Navigation uses both session and persistent cookies on its site. In addition, CHC Navigation may also use other types of cookies on its site as follows:
- Accounts-related cookies. Where applicable, CHC Navigation may use accounts-related cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. We may use these cookies to remember information that changes the way the site behaves, looks or functions.
- Analytics cookies. CHC Navigation may use analytics cookies to track information how you use the site and so that we can make improvements. We may also use analytics cookies to test new pages, features or new functionality of the site to see how our users react to them.
- To enable certain functions of the site which in turn are intended to enhance your user experience.
- To provide CHC Navigation with analytics information regarding your use of the site.
- To store your preferences for future website visits
What are your choices regarding cookies?
All web browsers allow you to limit cookie behavior or turn off cookies within the settings or options of the browser. The steps to do this are different for each browser, you can find instructions under the Help menu of your browser or by visiting its main website.Through your browser you can also view the cookies that are on your computer, and delete individual ones, or purge them all.
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features CHC Navigation offers on the site. You may not be able to store your preferences and some of our pages on the site might not display properly.
Where can you find more information about cookies?
You can learn more about cookies at the following third-party websites:
- AllAboutCookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org